The PODS Association has launched the PODS Lite Data Model free of charge to anyone wishing to evaluate and understand how the PODS Pipeline Data Model can support their needs.
This latest version of PODS Lite (v 1.1) includes implementations for SQL Server, Oracle, and PostGreSQL in addition to Geodatabase implementation. Version 1.1 also includes schema changes based on testing of version 1.0, new tables, abstract classes and code lists, data type and names changes.
We want your feedback/comments/suggestions!
Please email email@example.com to share about your experience
using PODS Lite Version 1.1. Thank you!
Since April 2017, PODS Lite version 1.0 has been downloaded over 715 times. The expanded PODS Lite version 1.1 is now available. This latest abbreviated edition of the soon-to-be-released full PODS Pipeline Data Model 7.0 allows pipeline industry professionals to explore how implementation of this recognized and established data model may improve their pipeline data management, integrity and risk management, operational and regulatory reporting activities.
- Free for Use by All – PODS Lite is available to both PODS Association members and non-members. Both are encouraged to use PODS Lite to understand how the PODS Pipeline Data Model works and what value it provides.
- Subset of the Full Data Model – PODS Lite is a subset of the full PODS Pipeline Data Model. A set of essential tables is provided, allowing users to preview the PODS linear referencing, asset and operational tables.
- Preview of PODS Version 7.0 – PODS Lite is a preview of PODS Pipeline Data Model Version 7.0, scheduled for release in 2018.
- Preview of Modernized PODS Standards – PODS Lite reflects a major re-design and modernization of the PODS Pipeline Data Standard taking place as part of PODS Next Generation initiative.
- Available for Multiple Platforms –PODS Lite is being made available in Esri geodatabase format for use in Esri’s ArcGIS for Pipeline Referencing (APR) extension, as well as other GIS and RDBMS platforms.
Pipeline operators and other interested parties not yet using the full PODS Pipeline Data Model, along with Association members not yet familiar with the PODS data standards, are encouraged to use PODS Lite to evaluate the PODS Pipeline Data Model capabilities and value. For existing Association members and users of the full PODS Pipeline Data Model, PODS Lite provides an opportunity to preview the Associations’ “Next Generation” Data Model.
What is included in the PODS Lite Version 1.1 download?
The following four ZIP documents containing twenty-four documents will open after you launch PODS Lite v 1-1.zip. It is recommended that you start by reading the “PODS Lite Readme list of Documents-FINAL-v1-1.pdf” first.
1) PODS Lite v 1-1 User Documents.zip
- PODS Lite README List of Documents-FINAL-v1-1 (this document available directly here also)
- PODS Lite Executive Summary-FINAL-v1-1 (this document available directly here also)
- PODS Lite Technical Overview and Guide-FINAL-v1-1 (this document available directly here also)
- PODS 7 Conceptual Model-FINAL-v1-1 (this document available directly here also)
- PODS Lite RDBMS Configuration Guide-FINAL-v1-1.pdf
- PODS Lite Geodatabase Configuration Guide-FINAL-v1-1.pdf
- PODS Lite Change Log-FINAL-v1-1.pdf
2) PODS Lite v 1-1 Geodatabase Files.zip
- PODS Lite Geodatabase Configuration Toolbox-FINAL-v1-1.zip
3) PODS Lite v 1-1 Data Dictionaries – ALL.zip
- PODS Lite Logical Model and Data Dictionary FINAL-v1-1.pdf
- PODS Lite Geodatabase APR Data Dictionary FINAL-v1-1.pdf
- PODS Lite Geodatabase With Relationships Data Dictionary FINAL-v1-1.pdf
- PODS Lite Oracle SDO RDBMS Data Dictionary FINAL-v1-1.pdf
- PODS Lite Oracle ST RDBMS Data Dictionary FINAL-v1-1.pdf
- PODS Lite PostgreSQL RDBMS Data Dictionary FINAL-v1-1.pdf
- PODS Lite SQLServer RDBMS Data Dictionary FINAL-v1-1.pdf
4) PODS Lite v1-1 Scripts – ALL flavors.zip
PODS Lite Version 1.1 Database Formats
PODS Lite version 1.1 is being made available in the Esri Geodatabase format, RDBMS format, and the OpenSpatial Format. It does NOT require Esri APR.
PODS 7.0 and PODS Lite support Esri APR without any modification to either data model. The Esri geodatabase version, referred to as PODS Lite Geodatabase XML Workspace APR, will work with Esri’s ArcGIS for Pipeline Referencing (APR) extension. This is possible because the Esri APR linear referencing extension will work with any data model that meets certain requirements; the PODS Pipeline Data Model Version 7.0 and PODS Lite meet these requirements. The PODS Association and Esri have worked collaboratively on the development of PODS Lite for APR. PODS Lite allows pipeline operators to take advantage of both Esri’s APR and the PODS Pipeline Data Model. Pipeline operators will realize significant value when using APR’s linear referencing and data management tools along with the PODS Lite Data Model.
PODS 7.0 and PODS Lite DO NOT REQUIRE Esri’s APR, although they support Esri APR without any modification to either data model.
PODS Lite and PODS 7.0 are not specific to Esri or the Esri APR extension to the ArcGIS Platform. PODS Lite v 1.1 supports implementation in additional relational database management system (RDBMS) and geographic information system (GIS) environments. PODS Lite comes in many flavors.
PODS Version 7.0 (Next Generation) Plans and Information
The complete PODS Next Generation Model (PODS Version 7.0) currently in development is scheduled for completion in 2018 and will support relational databases including support for native spatial geometry data types. Note that PODS Lite is available to anyone with an interest, whereas the complete PODS Next Generation model (PODS Version 7.0) will only be available to PODS Association members. Learn how to join the PODS Association HERE.