PODS Association Fall Conference
September 12-13th, 2018 HOUSTON
PODS Fall Conference Overview:
- Training on PODS Data Model basics and selecting the right data model.
- Deployment of PODS 7.0.
- Presentation will include deep and detailed discussion and demos of technical aspects of implementing the PODS Data Model.
TECHNICAL TOPICS – Topics on the agenda include:
- Choosing a PODS Implementation – RDBMS or Spatial and which version? PODS or UPDM? Factors to consider in working through decision process.
- PODS Fundamentals – Understanding the PODS Standard and Data Model design.
- PODS 7.0 and extending using EA. How to bring 4.02 extensions forward in 7.0: Write your own tables/module. Demonstrations.
- How to plan a roadmap to PODS upgrades. Diving deep.
DAY ONE (9/12 noon-4:30, Cocktail hour and social 4:30-6pm)
- Box Lunch and Registration
- PODS – Value Proposition- by the Industry for the Industry
- Data Models Breakdown – Standards-approach vs. template-approach
- PODS 101 – Conceptual Model version 7.0 – Digging in
- PODS 102 – Choosing a PODS Implementation: RDBMS or Spatial
- Cocktails & Social Networking Hour
DAY TWO (9/13 8:30am-4:30pm)
- Continental Breakfast
- What Sets PODS Data Standards Apart?
- Technical & Business Value
- PODS Lite v. 1.0 Implementations – panel discussion deep dive on case studies
- Q & A
- Lunch Provided/PODS Awards
. PODS Awards Program
- PODS 7.0
- PIONEERING PODS 7.0 – NEXT GENERATION PODS
- PODS GEODATABASE – APR IMPLEMENTATION
- MIGRATING TO PODS 7.0
- HOW TO BUILD A MODULE
- Q & A