What PODS does for pipeline companies...
- Leverages a broad knowledge-base across multiple pipeline operating companies and service providers who have worked collaboratively since 1998 to develop and improve the PODS Pipeline Data Model, deemed the best-practice pipeline data architecture in the industry.
- Lowers your risk, cost, and time required to implement a pipeline GIS.
- Maintaining a single pipeline data repository helps to improve the quality, quantity and timeliness of information.
- Frees you from proprietary vendor data models. This freedom allows you to choose software based on features, cost, and usability, rather than being tied to a single vendor's data model.
- Supports the growing needs of the pipeline industry through effective and collaborative efforts.
- Reduces risks through improved reliability with clear, concise definitions.
- Minimizes data transfer between software applications or multiple databases.
- Eliminates the need to develop and maintain internal data models for custom software.
- Promotes effective business processes through clarification of data ownership.
Frees you to employ multiple vendors' software applications simultaneously, to pick-and-choose from the best applications available, and to switch software applications without migrating your pipeline database to another vendor's proprietary data model.
Opens the door to utilizing commercially-available applications, including ERP platforms, which interface with PODS. Applications are available to deliver solutions for integrity management, regulatory reporting, alignment sheet generation, mapping and visualization, hydraulic modeling, risk analysis, spill response planning, inspection and work order tracking, records management, and construction data collection and others.
PODS Technical Forum, where members post questions and read, post replies, and search answers to questions.
Wiki-PODS where members collaborate on PODS documentation.
What PODS does for software, service, engineering, and data providers...
Helps you to deliver your products, services, and data in an immediately-usable format to customers who manage their pipeline data in a PODS database. This saves your customers the time and effort they would otherwise require to translate your work product into their existing pipeline data architecture.
Frees your creative resources to focus more on features, usability, and customer relationships, rather than how to design a pipeline data management architecture.